Wednesday, December 19, 2007

And so it begins...

Well Ive been playing WoW for a couple years now (since release) and its been a lot of fun but Ive always wanted to do something more, the macros and scripting and addons all allowed for the posibility of something much more intense and Ive been a fan of multiboxing other games for a while in order to work towards a goal or whatever. So I did some poking around and came across a great dual boxing site and I was hooked. Currently I am still in the planning phases but most everything is in place to begin my journey as 5 elemental shamans through the ranks. I will be running 5 instances of WoW from one computer, the specs are:

Intel E6320 Core2 Duo
4GB DDR2 PC7200 memory
windows xp pro (so only3gb really)
2 250GB SATAII hard drives to spread out the load
Nvidia 8800 GTS video card
dual 22" widescreen LCD monitors
G15 keyboard
logitech MX3000 wireless mouse
nostromo n52 gamepad
logitech Z620 speaker system


I did some 2box testing last night to see how the macros and addons I was planning to use would work out and it went very nicely. I am currently writing out more advanced macros for when I get further down the line so I dont have to stop playing to do things so hopefuly I will be going full steam ahead soon. My end goal is to 5box all 5man instances in the current release of the game and as many heroics as I can so stay tuned for updates I guess :)

No comments: